Sunday 6 January 2013

Epiphany Day Presents


This post was written early this morning, when the news broke that mother in-law has suffered early today a brain-stroke, at this time we don't know her condition; this follow the cancer surgery undertaken by my father in-law just before Christmas Eve, with an unclear diganosis right now, and probably the stress that my mother in-law underwnt explains the stroke. This situation is causing a significant disruption to our family and therefore it is very likely that this is my last post for an extended period, as I will have to take a break in my wargaming life for an unknown time. Not good-bye but hopefully "hasta pronto". 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Despite the increasing "americanization" of our country, I'm yet resisting to wipe out totally the Epiphany Day (January 6th) at home, the traditional date in Spain to exchange the Christmas gifts. This year on Christmas Eve I got some Vietnam reinforcements but now the theatre of operations moved to the first half of the 20th century and got a box with three 1/72 Hanomags from the Plastic Soldier Company...



 ...following the excellent and convincing review made by Nordic Lardie Leif Eriksson in his blog.

I also got a book,  "Home Before the Leaves Fall" for my Kindle, about the first months of the WWI and which attracted my attention after some debate in the TFL Yahoo Group. And last but not least...

...Yes!! Some new reinforcements to play X-Wing (truly, this is 50% shared with my son... new adventures in the deep outer space are awaiting us...)

Well this concludes the holiday period in Spain... almost. As January 6th is Sunday this year, the festive day has been moved to Monday, so I still got one more day before entering into the depressing daily work routine and the children start the new school term.  




  

8 comments:

  1. Hope all goes well with your family, there is never a good time for this but now had to be the worst for you.

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sorry to hear about your family, hope things get better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very sorry to hear about the family health problems. I hope that everything works out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers. We wish them a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mucha suerte con todo
    Un abrazo
    Rafa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Benito:
    Just reading is now and hoping that your more in law is doing better. I am glad to hear that you are still keeping the old Epiphany customs there.
    Keeping you and yours in prayer,
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi all, thanks for your messages, it seems that today we are starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel, with my mother in law finally back home yesterday and showing signs of a strong recovery from the stroke. The doctors gave us a very encouraging diagnoses and they are hopeful that she will fully (or almost fully) recover the mobility of the right-side extremities with the help of some physical therapy. Assuming no more surprises, I'll hope to resume a more normalised wargaming activity before the end of the month

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to read this comment. All the best and hope all goes well for your family

      Delete