Sunday 29 March 2015

Planning the Easter Week Break


Easter Week in Spain is traditionally a big holiday break. In Madrid we'll be from Thursday to Sunday on holidays; but the first three days of the week I don't foresee much activity at work, with everybody travelling or planning to leave to the beach or the ski resorts on Wednesday morning, most likely I'll be returning home pretty early in the afternoon.

I’m not leaving the city so I was thinking this afternoon how best employ this lull of activity. Current plans include the possibility of playing 3 days at the club, as two of my gaming mates will also remain stranded here; I have proposed to umpire the 29 Let’s Go! pint-sized campaign for Chain of Command as we shall be able to play between 2 and 3 games until the weekend. Alternatively we may play some casual games

Painting wise, as I’m somewhat delayed with my El Cid project, I expect to recover some of the time lost and finish my Moor warband. Currently painting some Berber infantry and noble cavalry, I definitively want to finish these guys and idelaly start a levy unit of archers. We aim to start playing using The Crescent & the Cross by late April

On the reading front I’m about to finish the fourth book on the Arnhem campaign in the next few days. I managed to go through the classic A Bridge to Far, Urquhart’s and Frost’s memoirs and currently 70% progress of another great work It Never Snows inSeptember.  I have bought some excellent guides from Pen & Sword and want top do some planning for our club’s collective visit in November to the area coinciding with Crisis 2015 in Antwerp.

So these are my plans but you never know what I may end up doing. Any plans the rest of you guys? Would love to hear.

PS: Specially for those far from Spain, the photo above is not a celebration of the Ku-Kux-Klan, This is the typical dressdown in Easter Week in the country (serious!)...


... well not everybody dress like this but almost...

7 comments:

  1. Great plans for the Semana Santa, specially, those books.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. KKK came first to mind to me as well when I saw the photo of the hoods!

    Sounds like you have great plans for your extended holiday break with many interesting projects.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first you had me wondering where you took that first picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ¡Felicidades! I'll be off to Málaga a couple of times, which as you know really goes for Semana Santa in a big way. Hopefully I'll catch La Legión's disembarco on Thursday.

    Otherwise it's catch-up time on the books and enjoying the weather!

    Sounds like you have a good week planned, so enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Benito, that video was amazing. I wish you and your family and happy, joyous and restful Easter.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete