Wednesday 4 January 2023

Painting Challenge Report #2

Concluding the second week of the Challenge with good progress in my painting plans, thanks mainly to being on holidays for a couple of weeks. After 9th January I'll be back in the office and it's unlikely I'd be able to mantain the momentum.

Two main entries in the Challenge blog. The first is a scenery project only half-finished, that's been standing in a corner on my painting table for many (too many) months: a stone house to play with 28mm minis, part of a bulk purchase of my gaming club in Madrid... as was designated by the club's Junta as a "volunteer" to paint it. Finally concluded thanks to the Challenge.


 

The second post in the Challenge blog was a collection of different pieces: a Panzer IV of an early model- featuring in the supports list of my Chain of Command's German Early War infantry platoon project



 

The second are a German Fallschirmjager sniper team and officer, also for the early war period. These are painted with the jump suit uniform in the greenish/field grey colors of that time. The models are 3D printed files from Eskice Miniatures.




 These are two funny models, specially the team member with the decoy watermellon head. I couldn't resist adding them to my unit



These will be part of another club project to play a Crete 41 invasion campaign, to take place later in 2023.

Finally and as part of the Challenge bonus points scheme, I needed to paint a mini using the  greyscale. My happy idea was to repaint a very old Ral Partha troll form the early 80s as it was caught outdoors at dawn and therefore turned into stone.




 

Following this week's contributions, my current accumulated score is 163 points or 23% of the 700 points target. Not bad for a couple of weeks

  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment