Sunday 1 January 2023

New Year NO-Resolutions

 

 January first again and the blogosphere is full of posts congratulating for the New Year, and expressing the bloggers' resolutions for the next 12 months. My take on these:

1. Happy New Year indeed to everybody around; personally I had a good 2022 after several years of problems around so my only hope for 2023 is at least to repeat.

2. Resultions: no resolutions. I turned 60 last May and I have decided to take things easy from now hobby-wise. No major projects, I'll be playing games, painting, researching or travelling around to battlefileds as I basically please at each moment.

Status report as of today:

  1.  My paiting mojo is suprisingly good, and I'm heavily committed to the Annual Painting Challenge, hopefully this will last until spring.
  2. On the game front, Saga is now my main focus of attention in miniatures wargaming, and SPQR in  board wargaming. Ocassionally I'll be playing Chain of Command.
  3. Research: before year end I was undecided between two 2WW topics (Italian Camaign and Eastern Front). I organized a Twitter poll with a decent number of people taking part (over 100) and Italian campaign won by significant difference (67% vs 33%). Starting now Sicily 43 by James Holland.
  4. Travelling: nothing in the short term decided. Exploring attending one of the Lard-realted shows in the UK or even visiting Lard island later in the year.
   


No comments:

Post a Comment